|CASE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION|
Physically and/or Psychosocially Disadvantaged
Under indirect supervision, provides comprehensive case management to physically and/or psychosocially disadvantaged members of a specified, geographically remote community, to improve quality of life and to achieve and maintain the highest possible ability to function within the community. Position serves an indigenous population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitates client access to community resources, including locating recreational activities, housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, providers to teach life skills, and relevant mental health services; assists client to develop natural resources and make contact with social support networks.
• Coordinates and monitors services, including comprehensive tracking of client activities in relation to care plan.
• Assists clients in developing goals and areas of need, and assists in developing treatment plans, which are assessed regularly; conducts medication and mental status assessment and determines required level and frequency of services.
• Documents all client encounters and contracts made on behalf of clients; completes and submits billing documentation as appropriate; maintains comprehensive client files, which may include documents held for safekeeping on behalf of the client.
• Identifies and provides emergency crisis services as necessary; makes immediate clinical assessments and responds according to accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques; coordinates other services as appropriate.
• Assesses patients, evaluates effectiveness of care plan and progress made by client, participates in patient treatment planning and case review with patient care providers.
• Maintains and reports applicable statistics regarding programs and client services.
• Travels extensively to community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associate's degree with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Specified educational qualifications and/or certification may in some cases be required by local statute.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community