Under general supervision, counsels and aids at-risk individuals and/or families requiring one or more forms of psycyhosocial services; interviews clients experiencing problems with personal and family adjustments, finances, employment, food, housing, physical and mental impairments, and/or similar areas; secures and evaluates applicable related information; refers clients to community resources and other organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In either a clinical or a field setting, interviews clients with problems such as personal and family adjustments, finances, employment, food, clothing, housing, and physical and mental impairments to determine nature and degree of need.
2. Secures information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client's situation; evaluates these together with client's strengths.
3. Counsels clients individually, in families, or in other small groups regarding plans for meeting needs, and aids clients to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning.
4. Helps clients to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of the nature and source of personal problems, and by identifying and building on personal strengths.
5. Refers clients to community resources and other organizations as indicated; may determine or participate in determining client's eligibility for financial assistance.
6. Compiles records and prepares reports; develops and/or reviews service plan and performs follow-up to determine quantity and quality of service provided client and status of client's case.
7. Accesses and records client and community resource information, manually or using personal computer, to input and retrieve information.
8. May work in collaboration with other professional disciplines.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in area of specialty.
• Ability to counsel patients and/or families in life management and coping skills.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.