|CASE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION|
Drug and Alcohol
TYPICAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following:
1. Assist Client to become gainfully employed.
2. Attend all meetings, workshops and trainings required by supervisor.
3. Be available to make referrals for emergency counseling when needed.
4. Complete an initial intake and assessment on each client on caseload.
5. Complete weekly facility inspections with house managers.
6. Conduct random and unannounced urinalysis as needed.
7. Develop a discharge summary and a discharge profile on each client who leaves the program.
8. Ensure that all outside meetings and support groups are attended.
9. Follow all applicable policies and procedures as within job description.
10. Have a minimum of one monthly case management session with each client.
11. Maintain Case Management progress notes on all clients.
12. Maintain up to a maximum of 50 clients on Case Management Load.
13. Make appropriate referrals for services as needed.
14. Make weekly and random room and facility checks.
15. Orient and supervise new House Manager.
16. Perform other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
17. Provide orientation session with each client on caseload.
18. Report monthly billings on each client to the Accounting Department by the last day of each month.
19. Send copies of section one, two and three, as each section is finished, of the Community Supervision Program Referral Form, for every client, to the Corporate Office.
20. Send daily attendance forms to the corporate office every morning (even if there are no changes).
21. Visit each client’s place of employment and maintain records of visits. (On site Employment Supervisor assists in this function).
22. Work as needed with the Circuit Program Specialist Contact person for your program site.
23. Work with the Trust Accounts to make sure all accounts are current.
EXPERIENCE: You will need a minimum of 3 years of working with substance abuse/criminal justice clients. Preferred 2 years of sobriety.